With winter fast approaching Walsall CCG has launched its Stay Well Walsall campaign to help communities stay healthy all year round.
This website is designed to help you find out about the range of local NHS services you can access if you are injured or unwell. You can also find tips and advice on how you and your family can stay well all year round.
By making the right choices at the right time, you will receive the best possible treatment in the most appropriate place. It also allows busy A&E departments to help the people who need them most.
For the latest on healthcare across Walsall follow us on Twitter @WalsallCCG or use the hashtag #staywellWalsall
Winter brings cold weather and often harsh conditions. This can sometimes make you feel unwell or make existing health problems worse.
Here are some tips for staying well this winter:
- Keep warm
- Keep your medicine cabinet well stocked
- Visit your local pharmacist as soon as you start to feel unwell. Find your nearest pharmacy here.
- Get your flu vaccine – find out more here
- Be a winter friend and look out for elderly or vulnerable neighbours
- If you get ill or injured, make sure you know your options about where to go
- Beat the winter blues
- Stop viruses spreading
To prevent yourself from getting the flu or spreading it to others, it important that Walsall residents help prevent it spreading. The best advice is to:
- Cover your mouth and nose when you sneeze or cough
- Catch coughs and sneezes in a tissue
- Put tissues in the bin as soon as possible
- Regularly wash your hands with soap and warm water
If you have sickness and diarrhoea don’t go to your GP surgery or hospital, as you may spread this to others. Drink plenty of fluids and call your GP surgery if you have concerns. You can find more advice here.
You can also download Stay Well Walsall promotional material to display in your community or organisation by clicking here.
Pharmacies providing the Flu vaccination
A number of pharmacies in and around Walsall are currently providing the Flu vaccination. To find out which pharmacy near you is providing the vaccination click pdfhere (274 KB) .