POPULATION SCREENING PROGRAMMES
There are 11 Population screening programmes:
- NHS abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) programme
- NHS bowel cancer screening (BCSP) programme
- NHS breast screening (BSP) programme
- NHS cervical screening (CSP) programme
- NHS diabetic eye screening (DES) programme
- NHS fetal anomaly screening programme (FASP)
- NHS infectious diseases in pregnancy screening (IDPS) programme
- NHS newborn and infant physical examination (NIPE) screening programme
- NHS newborn blood spot (NBS) screening programme
- NHS newborn hearing screening programme (NHSP)
- NHS sickle cell and thalassaemia (SCT) screening programme
There is no reliable screening test for prostate cancer at present.
However, the Prostate Cancer Risk Management Programme provides information to explain existing tests and treatments.
Results will be posted to you by the service provider.